How you can be part of the change
AWorld is the app for a sustainable lifestyle so if you’re looking to start in your journey to more sustainable living we are with you all the way! Already on that journey? Then we’ve got your back. Still not really sure, well we’re still here! Whoever and wherever you are, read on for our 3 key tips on making your lifestyle more sustainable. And, as always, feel free to share your own.
1) Improve your knowledge
Knowledge is power – arm yourself with info that can help you to make the most sustainable life choices. Read labels. Learn about what works best for you and the planet.
2) Mindful consumption
Use your consumer dollars to make a difference. For example, buy goods that are sustainably made or sourced, will last and contribute to your sustainable lifestyle. Use less energy and/or make the switch to green energy.
3) Share the love
Amplify your impact by sharing your knowledge with others. You can help others live more sustainably by sharing tips / info or your experiences. No one should be alone in navigating the rocky road of sustainability!
You can read the UN’s Lazy Person’s Guide to Saving the World for actions to support the cause. You should also follow @AWorld.team on social media for tips and challenges to help you ‘green up’ your everyday habits!
AWorld is building a platform that aims to support us all in our efforts to build more sustainable habits. Sign up to our newsletter if you are looking for ways to have a positive impact and be notified when our app will be launched.
“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together”Vincent Van Gogh
How we can all be part of the change
Do you love learning about brands and organisations working towards a better world? We do! In our effort to share the love, let’s introduce you to a few of our favorite brands and causes.
- Terracycle aims to “Eliminate the Idea of Waste” by recycling what we think of as non-recyclable. They partner with big brands and individuals to recycle hard-to-recycle waste, for example, coffee capsules, pens and toothbrushes. Check out their coffee cup recycling program, where you can be rewarded for collecting used coffee cups in your community and sending them to Terracycle for recycling!
- Boomers makes high quality affordable bamboo bikes that have an economic and social benefit to customers around the world. Check out their contribution to the green bike revolution.
- Cool Earth Action works with rainforest communities to halt deforestation and climate change. Saving the trees we have is just as important, if not nor important, than planting new ones.
- Ooho Water, now known as Notpla, makes edible, biodegradable, plant-derived food packaging that means edible water bubbles (yes that’s right!) that kick plastic water bottles to the curb!
- Green Kayak is an NGO offering free kayak rides in some of the loveliest rivers in European cities, in exchange for you collecting trash! They are currently building a global network of Green Kayaks so “together we can paddle for the Oceans”!
What actions are you taking towards a sustainable lifestyle?
Share your favorite sustainable brands and organisations with us! Use the comment section below or tag us on social media